Participation in trainings and other professional development efforts is an important part of providing quality care and education. The New York State Office of Children and Family Services regulations require staff to receive 30 hours of training within each two years of a program's registration period with 15 hours completed in the first six months of employment.
The Child Care Council's Professional Development team of subject-matter experts offers a vast array of trainings and technical assistance for early care and education professionals to help you expand your skills, improve the quality of care you provide to children, and meet NYS licensing requirements.
- See the 2017 Winter/Spring Professional Development Calendar
- Register online for training courses
- Printable English Training Registration Form
- Printable Spanish Training Registration Form
The Child Care Council's Professional Development team brings the training to you, at a date and time that's convenient. We can train your entire staff, for a reasonable price. Membership and multi-session discounts apply.
Choose from a variety of topics (below), or request a topic of your choice:
- OCFS Regulations and procedures, including health and safety and child abuse prevention
- Program assessment
- Social/emotional development
- Infant and toddler and preschool development, behavior issues, and appropriate curriculum
- Partnering with parents
- Team building and stress management
- Early learning standards/assessments
- Behavior management/child development
- Working with children with special needs
- Child abuse identification and prevention
- Observation, assessment and document
In partnership with Child Care Aware of America, the Child Care Council now offers online training, designed specifically for early childhood professionals, in all NYS Office of Children and Family Services (OCFS) categories. You can create your own training package, and get OCFS training hours and/or earn Continuing Education Units (CEU) for the Child Development Associate (CDA) credential renewal.
Courses are categorized by their primary New York State Office of Children & Family Services (NYS OCFS) training topic. For a complete list of available courses, click here.
See instructions to purchase online training.
For assistance between the hours of 9:00 am to 6:00 pm Monday through Friday, call 1-800-261-6248.
Child Development Associate (CDA) Training
Earn the CDA credential to advance your career and make a difference in the lives of children who will benefit from your knowledge of early development and passion for quality care. Learn more about CDA Training.
Help Paying for Training
If you need financial assistance to meet your training obligations, we recommend you explore the
Educational Incentive Program.