Westchester Parent Child Care Survey
The Council's annual survey of Westchester parents on their child care experiences yielded evidence once again that safe, quality, affordable child care is beyond the reach of many, negatively impacting their work lives and likely costing employers money:
- The high cost of child care drives familes into debt - nearly half the respondents had trouble paying their child care bills in the last 6 months
- Location is the number one consideration for parents when choosing care, far more than the quality of the program
- Thousands of eligible parents do not know about the child care subsidy offered by the Westchester County Department of Social Services
- Child care issues greatly diminish work attendance, punctuality, productivity, and retention
- Child care considerations influence actual employment decisions
The Council can help working parents find reliable, quality child care and in some cases, identify and apply for financial assistance such as the child care subsidy. Parents can contact the Council to speak to an experienced child care counselor at (914) 761-3456 x140.
To see the full 2018 Westchester Parent Child Care Survey, click here.