Items filtered by date: December 2021
Schedule for test kits distribution:
- Friday, January 21st, from 9am to 7pm
- Monday, January 24th, from 9am to 5pm
- Tuesday, January 25th, from 9am to 5 pm
Keep in mind:
- No pre-registration necessary. Just come at the above times.
- You must be a Westchester-based, OCFS-regulated child care/after school program.
- You must bring a copy or photo of your valid child care license/registration along with photo identification.
- You will be asked to sign for your test kits.
The number of test kits by modality is as follows:
- Day care center - 22
- School age program - 22
- Group family child care provider - 12
- Family child care provider - 6
- Small day care center - 12
A reminder that the test kits are to be used for the providers, staff and families enrolled in your program. Given the limited quantity, we encourage you to reserve them for individuals experiencing symptoms or those with a known exposure to a COVID positive individual. Child care providers must not test children enrolled in their programs. If an enrolled child has symptoms of COVID, you may provide a test kit to the child's parent or guardian.
We will schedule additional pick-up times if needed.
The Council's Board of Directors recently approved an Equity Statement created by our staff I.D.E.A (Inclusion/Diversity/Equity Assembly) Committee in an effort to ensure that going forward, we "keep equity at the center of everything we do." The purpose of the statement is to:
- Declare that we will actively pursue change, both internally and with regard to the services and support we provide to our early care and education community;
- Clearly show that this work is a top priority for the Council, and;
- Demonstrate that our Board of Directors is in full support.
To view the Equity Statement, click here.