Get Approved To Administer Medication
All child care and after school providers should be approved by the New York State Office of Children and Family Services to administer medication. *In order to do so, you must:
- Be at least 18 years of age
- Have and maintain current first aid and CPR certificates that cover the ages of the children in your care
- Have an Office of Children and Family Services-approved Health Care Plan with a policy for the administration of medication, and have a Health Care Consultant of record who reviews and approves the Plan. Learn more about the Council's Health Care Consultant services and get help with your plan.
- Be listed in your program's approved Health Care Plan as a medication administrant, and have your Health Care Consultant review and sign your plan, to approve you as an administrant
- Have the signed Health Care Plan approved by your program's licensor or registrant
- Work in a program where the oriented license or registration is approved to administer medication
- Successfully complet the Office of Children and Family Services approved Medication Administration Training (MAT) Course offered through the Council
At this time, we are only offering hybrid classes-an independent study online in combination with an in person review and skill testing.
Part 1: Complete the Online Independent Study - this is a mandatory pre-requisite (allow for 4 hours in total) Once you register for a course the online link will be emailed to you.
Part 2: In person MAT Review, Director of Health Care Consultant Services, CCCW
Modality - Age ALL
Training Categories: (OCFS: 2,4,5,7)
Cost: $100 (Upon successful completion of the renewal, you are eligible for the MAT Rebate of $70).
1. Advanced registration is required. (In addition to completing the online registration with CCCW, participants will need to apply for this workshop through the Early Childhood Education and Training Program website. This step is necessary and is the only way to receive your certificate at the completion of the training. ECETP: Find Trainings (albany.edu)
2. On the day of the course please note the following:
- Bring a photo ID
- Bring your Child Care license/ registration number
- Bring one medium sized (2 7/8” x 2 7/8”) Post-It Pad & Highlighter
- Please bring food, snacks and beverages to sustain you for the day
- You must arrive in the CONFERENCE room at the scheduled time, if you are more than 10 minutes late, you may be sent home.
3. You must be able to READ and WRITE in English. There is one 60 question written exam and a skills demonstration test that you must pass in order to earn your Medication Administration Training Certificate. The written exam is open book.
Part 2- In-Person Review and Skill Testing
|Tuesday, December 7, 2021 MAT Course||9am - 2pm||21204|
|Tuesday, January 4, 2022 MAT Course||9am - 2pm||21104|
|Tuesday, February 1, 2022 MAT Course
||9am - 2pm||22201|
|Tuesday, March 1, 2022 MAT Course
||9am - 2pm||22301|
|Tuesday, April 5, 2022 MAT Course
||9am - 2pm||22405|
|Tuesday, May 3, 2022 MAT Course
||9am - 2pm||22503|
|Tuesday, June 7, 2022 MAT Course
||9am - 2pm||22607|
|Tuesday, July 5, 2022 MAT Course
||9am - 2pm||22705|
3rd MAT Renewal (this course is mandatory when you are renewing your MAT certification for the third time)
|Tuesday, December 7, 2021 3rd Renewal||2pm - 4pm||21204|
|Tuesday, January 4, 2022 3rd Renewal||2pm - 4pm||21104|
|Tuesday, February 1, 2022 3rd Renewal||2pm - 4pm||22201|
|Tuesday, March 1, 2022 3rd Renewal||2pm - 4pm||22301|
|Tuesday, April 5, 2022 3rd Renewal||2pm - 4pm||22405|
|Tuesday, May 3, 2022 3rd Renewal||2pm - 4pm||22503|
|Tuesday, June 7, 2022 3rd Renewal||2pm - 4pm||22607|
|Tuesday, July 5, 2022 3rd Renewal||2pm - 4pm||22705|
If the above schedule does not work for you, please click here to find an alternative class near you.
* with the exception of over-the-counter topical ointments, sunscreen and topically applied insect repellant.