Professional child care providers in Westchester County are encouraged to join the Child Care Council to take advantage of discounts, resources, marketing and learning opportunities, and to support our critical mission to promote quality early care and education.
2022 Membership Benefits include:
- 2 Free Virtual Workshops and Discounted Calendar/On-Site Trainings
- Monthly Raffle Giveaways
- CG Industrial Safety Discount Coupon
- Membership Certificate to post at your site
- Lakeshore Learning Discount Coupon
- Listing on our website with a link to yours
- Free Business Support services including free notary
Your membership dollars fund the Council's advocacy to increase funding for Westchester's early care and education community through activities such as:
- Publication of an annual “Child Care Advocacy Agenda”
- In-person and virtual meetings with elected officials at every level of government
- Constant Contact updates on child care policy and funding, including electronic letters for you to easily communicate with elected officials
- Reports, resources and social media posts on child care issues and opportunities
Thanks to your support, we were able to achieve the following advocacy “wins”:
- Subsidy reimbursement rate increases for contracted providers in 2018, 2019 and 2020
- Switch from hourly to part-day reimbursement for after school
- Reduction of the parent share to 10% of income over the Federal Poverty Level
County Executive George Latimer added the $5.6 million for child care that we requested for the 2022 Westchester County budget! These funds will help more parents pay for child care.
With more federal funding for child care on the way, and more support for child care in NYS and in Westchester than ever before, we are going to work harder than ever – with your support!