Who will receive the Scholarship?
- The families with infants and toddlers (under the age of 3 years old) will receive priority for the scholarship.
- If funds are available, families with preschool age children (3- 4 years old who are not yet in elementary school) will be considered next.
- If there are still funds available, families with school age children (5 – 12 years old) will be considered.
- Applicants must live in Westchester County
- Applicants must fall within the income guidelines listed below
- Applicants must be employed full time (minimum of 30 hours per week)
- Infants, Toddlers, Preschoolers must be enrolled full time in care of minimum of 30 hours a week
- School age children must be enrolled part time in care a minimum of 10 hours a week
- Children must be enrolled in a child care program/provider regulated by the Office of Children and Family Services (OCFS) AND is nationally accredited OR has participated in one of the Council’s quality improvement projects in 2013, 2014, or 2015 and received a high rating in one of their classrooms OR has participated in the QualityStarsNY program in 2015 and received a high rating OR will agree to participate in an Environment Rating Scale program with the Council to be completed by July 2017 AND is located in Westchester County
If your child/ren is not in a program that meets the above requirements, you must move them to a program that does meet the requirements by July 1, 2016 to be eligible. Please call the Council's Referral Department at 914-761-3456 x140 for assistance in locating a program that meets these requirements.
Find your family size (parents and children living in your home), then check the chart to see if your family income qualifies you for a scholarship.
|Family Size||Early Opportunity Scholarship (EOS)|
|2||$44,056 - $69,402|
|3||$51,409 - $69,402|
|4||$54,676 - $73,812|
|5||$63,991 - $86,387|
|6||$73,306 - $98,963|
|7||$82,644 - $111,568|