For child care and after school providers who want assistance to create a useful, easy-to-follow Health Care Plan, and want to become approved by New York State Office of Children and Family Services to administer medication, the Child Care Council offers the services of a Health Care Consultant.
The Health Care Consultant Service includes at least one site visit, with follow-up consultation, and all of the following:
- Assistance in developing policies and procedures related to health and infection control regulations, including:
- Child health policies and procedures
- Staff health policies and procedures
- Staff training
- Daily health checks
- Infection control policies and procedures
- Emergency policies and procedures
- Caring for mildly-ill children
- Caring for children with special health care needs, like asthma, allergies requiring medications, seizure disorders, diabetes, etc.
- Medication administration policies and procedures, including required permission, instructions, safe administration, documentation, storage disposal, etc.
- Resource material that will help you comply with your policies and procedures
- Updates regarding any changes that may impact your Plan, including regulations, forms, immunization schedules, etc.
- Updates to your plan as needed, like adding or removing authorized staff to administer medication. Copies of your updated Plan will be provided to your licensor/registrar for final approval.
- Ongoing technical assistance as needed
The fees for Health Care Consultant Services are as follows:
|Price for Council Members||Price for Non-Members|
|Family Child Care Provider||$100||Family Child Care Provider||$125|
|Group Family Child Care Provider||$130||Group Family Child Care Provider||$165|
|Child Care Center||$220||Child Care Center||$270|
|School Age Program||$220||School Age Program||$270|
$25 discount for each additional site
For an additional $25, you will receive a well-organized binder that contains your Health Care Plan, featuring tabs that separate each topic area and include specific policies, procedures and resource and reference material, as well as a certificate for two hours of training which covers four different topic areas.
To get started with the Health Care Consultant, print and fill out the two following forms, and return to Elissa Guzzardi.
By fax: (914) 886-0281
By mail: 313 Central Park Avenue, Scarsdale, NY 10583